Welcome to the website of Dr Sangeeta Agrawal
It is quite common for patients from all over the world, especially from Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah – UAE (United Arab Emirates), Riyadh, Jeddah – Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Doha – Qatar, Muscat – Oman, Singapore and Philippines from Southeast Asia, to visit Mumbai, India to seek gynecological advice and abortion treatment from Dr Sangeeta Agrawal.
About the Doctor
- She has trained in a premier institute of India and obtained the MD.
- She has worked in the UK and obtained FRCOG
- She is attached to world class tertiary care hospitals for indoor patients
- She has her private consulting rooms in Prabhadevi which is a plush south-central area of Mumbai.
- She provides patient friendly, scientific, practical solutions to your gynecological problems keeping in mind the highest legal and ethical values.
Common Gynecological Problems Treated:
- Irregular / Delayed periods – many women have delayed irregular periods. Hormonal imbalance and PCOS are the common cause. Many women may also have acne (pimples), facial hair growth, and be overweight. Some women with PCOS may also complain of difficulty in getting pregnant. Dr Sangeeta
is an expert in managing PCOS and hormonal problems.
- Heavy periods: it is common for young girls to get heavy periods in the first few years of puberty. Heavy periods are also common after 40 years of age. In the young girls it is easily treated with hormones. In the women who are above 40, there are many options. It is a common myth that one will need to remove the uterus. But in modern times there are many simpler options. Hysteroscopy, dilatation and curettage and LNG-IUS insertion will need half hour in the operation theater, one day in the hospital and one night in India. Removal of uterus is mainly required in cancer, prolapse, and very large fibroids.
- Fibroids: these are soft tissue tumors and are common. They are benign, and can vary in size and location. They may be totally asymptomatic or may cause pain, heavy bleeding, may be felt as a lump and in some cases may be cause of infertility. Fibroids can be easily treated, depending on your age,
your symptoms and child bearing need. It is possible to remove fibroids or uterus as required by laparoscopic surgery.
- Inability to get pregnant: there can be many cause such as blocked tubes, PCOS, uterine defects etc. In present times with technological advances it is possible for most women to conceive and have a baby. One needs appropriate investigations such as blood tests, sonography, hysteroscopy and
laparoscopy. Then one needs correct scientific treatment in form of assisted reproductive techniques, and surgery, IVF.
- Endometriosis: it is the presence of uterine lining outside the uterus. Women complain of pain during periods, pain during sex, infertility, irregular periods and generalized pain in lower abdomen. On sonography one see complex ovarian cyst which is commonly called chocolate cyst. Women with
endometriosis may require laparoscopic surgery to remove chocolate cyst, then medical management. They may require assisted reproduction if they are not able to conceive.
- Prolapse and urinary symptoms: many women complain that they feel their uterus is moving downwards and have associated urinary urgency, frequency, and sometimes leaking on cough and sneeze. These symptoms are easily treated and Dr Sangeeta is an expert at handling these problems and will provide treatment most suitable to the needs of the women.
Services to facilitate your stay
- When you come to Mumbai, please carry all your reports and medicines if any.
- We can get blood tests, sonography and all necessary investigations done in Mumbai as per need. Nevertheless it is advisable to bring all old records that you may have done before.
- In case you need a surgical procedure then
- We will do the same in any of the hospitals that Dr Sangeeta Agrawal is attached. Each one is a tertiary care center with state-of- the-art facilities, great ambience and hospitality.
- Dr Sangeeta has a highly qualified team of Doctors, anesthetists, physician, surgeons as
required to look after all the medical needs and safety.
- The staff is very polite and will make you feel at home.
- It is a legal requirement to have an accompanying adult person with you. It is not permitted
to take you to the operation theater in case you are alone.
- In case you require taxi facilities from the airport, we will share some taxi numbers.
- You will require Indian currency. We can help you with the contact numbers of foreign exchange in Mumbai.
- We also provide services on Sunday and bank holidays if it is booked in advance.
- Feel free to email /sms or call in case you need further information
- We ensure that you have the best medical treatment in a very safe legally approved center in a cost effective manner and you will leave with very pleasant memories and an everlasting professional relationship with the doctor.
No Hotel Room Required
Our 1 day abortion procedure is managed in a time bound manner allow patients to be discharged the same day. Patients can travel back to their respective countries either the same day or next depending on abortion procedure and patient comfort.
You may not require a hotel room at all. This helps you save money.
Consulting Room: Room No.23, 2nd Floor, Nav Bhavna Building, Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025
+ 91-98202 21675
The Best Route to take from the airport to Dr. Sangita Agrawal’s Clinic is via Western Express Highway and BANDRA-WORLI SEA LINK and then follow the directions to Prabhadevi.
-> after Bengal Chemical,
-> before Kohinoor Hall and
-> above Marshall Wall Paper.
International Patients visit us from:
- Abu Dhabi – UAE
- Muscat – Oman
- Riyadh – Saudi Arabia