London, U.K. September 2011.
Seth G S Medical College
King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (University of Bombay).
- Maharashtra Medical Council – India
- General Medical Council – U.K.
- Royal college of obstetricians and gynecologists UK.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – U.K.
- Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Menopause Society
- Association of Medical Consultants
- Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists
- Mahim Dharavi Medical Practitioners Association
- Family Planning Association of India – Mumbai Branch
In 1994 I went to U.K. and worked in various hospitals in London viz. Royal London, St. Bartholomew’s, North Middlesex and Barnet General. Royal London and St. Bartholomew’s are teaching hospitals and tertiary care centers. Besides, doing the routine Obstetrics and Gynaecology, I got the opportunity to work in specialized clinics such as medical high-risk pregnancy, colposcopy, menopause, oncology and laparoscopic surgery. I obtained the MRCOG.
After returning from U.K. in 1999, I started practice. In 2004 I joined Bombay hospital as a consultant in department of obstetrics and gynecology. Bombay hospital is a 830 bedded tertiary care institute in Mumbai with state-of-art facilities. We have modern equipment and state of art facilities. I am able to offer holistic multidisciplinary approach in the management of my patients.
I have my private clinic in Prabhadevi Mumbai, which is a very up market area of Mumbai. My clinic atmosphere is very warm welcoming and comfortable. I offer all out-patient procedures in my clinic and also ultrasound facilities.
My areas of expertise are Obstetrics and Gynecology, involving Teenage care, Antenatal, Intrapartum, Post-natal care, Painless labor, Fertility control, Menopause management and Infertility, Endoscopic (laparoscopic and hysteroscopic) surgery. Gyne-oncology Colposcopy and Gyne-urology work-up and management.
- Study of the effect of Phytoestrogens on the symptoms of menopause. This randomized double blind placebo controlled study was conducted at Babasaheb Ambedkar Railway hospital. The results have been published in Bombay hospital Journal. The paper also won the young scientist award at the Asia Pacific menopause conference held in Thailand in year 2003
- Study of the effect of Tibolone on the cardiovascular risk factors in menopausal women.
This randomized double blind placebo controlled study was conducted at Sir HN Hospital Mumbai. The results have been published and presented at various forums.
I have been teaching
- Undergraduate students from the United Arab Emirates regularly.
- Postgraduate students for MD DNB and DGO.
- I also conduct regular CME for the Postgraduate students in the department.
- Article titled “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in adolescent girl” – in the FOGSI journal marked on the theme of adolescent girl, Sept. 1999.
- Chapter titled “Prevention of Infertility” for the book “Practical Infertility Management.” Editors – Drs. Gautam Allahabadia, Usha Krishna, Nozer Sheriar and Duru Shah. Year 2000
- Article titled Perinatal infections – Frequently Asked Questions for the journal of perinatal and neonatal care. Year 2000
- Chapter titled “Ovum Pickup” for the book titled “Manual of Advanced Infertility Management” jointly edited by Drs. Sadhana Desai, Mehroo Hansotia and Mandakini Parihar. 2002.
- Chapter “Hydrosalpinx and Infertility” for the book “Update in Infertility” Edited by Drs S Desai, M Parihar and G Allahabadia. B. I. Publication. Year 2003.
- Chapter titled “PCOS and Cancer” for the book “The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome” – FOGSI Publication, Editors Drs D Shah, RK Bhatena and S Shroff. Orient Longman year 2004
- Chapter titled “PCOS and Adolescence” for the book “The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome” – FOGSI Publication, Editors Drs D Shah, RK Bhatena and S Shroff. Orient Longman year 2004
- Chapter titled “Phytoestrogens” for the Series “Obstetrics and Gynecology In Perspective” edited by Drs U. Krishna and N Sheriar. Book Titled “Menopause” Editors Drs U Krishna and D Shah. Orient Longman year 2004
- Chapter titled “HRT and Cancer” for the Series “Obstetrics and Gynecology In Perspective” edited by Drs U. Krishna and N Sheriar. Book Titled “Menopause” Editors Drs U Krishna and D Shah. Orient Longman year 2004
- Review Article titled “Soy and Women’s Health” for Quaterly Medical Journal published by Raptakos Brett Co Pvt Ltd
- Chapter titled Importance of Adolescent Education for Contraception Today Dr Mandakini Parihar. Dr Ashwini Bhalerao Gandhi – Contraception.. Past Present and Future Jaypee publications 2006 326-340;
- Chapter titled HIV In Pregnancy Women’s Health-GenNext Gita Ganguly Mukherjee, editor Current Obstetrics & Gynecology Jaypee Brothers January 2007 101-109
- Chapter titled Isoflavones and Symptoms of Menopause Behram Anklesaria, editor – Modern Management of Menopause with Isoflavones Raptakos, Brett& Co. – May 2007 10-15;
- Duru Shah, Sangeeta Agrawal, Reena Wani editors, The Youth and Us, The Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India 2006
- Duru Shah, Sangeeta Agrawal, Reena Wani editors, Youth Connect, The Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India 2006
- Duru Shah, Safala Shroff, Sangeeta Agrawal, editors, FOGSI FOCUS – 6 issues –
“The Modern Pill”,
“Balloon Ablation Therapy”,
“Thyroid-Womb to Tomb”,
“Rh Negative Pregnancy”,
“Knots, Needles & Sutures”,
“Stem Cell- The miracle cell
The Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India 2006:
- Vasomotor Symptoms: Viewpoint from the Indian Subcontinent and Management of a Common Menopausal Problem” published in “Seminars in Reproductive Medicine with its theme issue on Menopause: Demystifying Management of Common Clinical Challenges. Volume 28 Number 5, September 2010